A variety of internationally renowned companies and institutions as well as a number of influential politicians, businessmen, academics and officials are active in the BALTIC SEA FORUM. The society receives a lot of support not only from corporate members and associated organisation, but also from an excellent network composed of individual members.
- Academia Baltica
- B.A.U.M. Bundesdeutscher Arbeitskreis für Umweltbewusstes Management e.V.
- B.A.U.M. was founded in 1984 by a group of German entrepreneurs who wanted to support each other implementing environmental management within their companies. Since then, more than 500 companies such as non-profit organisations, institutions and individuals alike, have become members of B.A.U.M. Today B.A.U.M. is the
European business community's largest environmental initiative.
B.A.U.M. is registered as an association and recognised as a non-profit organisation. Its German acronym, "B.A.U.M." means "tree", and the interrelationship of the
company's name and the meaning of the acronym symbolises, just as the cogwheel and the tree of the B.A.U.M. logo, that business and nature have to be linked.
B.A.U.M.'s main branch, situated in Hamburg, is supported by 12 regional offices throughout Germany, Berlin, Munich or Bonn, among other cities.
- Baltic Development Forum
- Baltic Development Forum is an independent non-profit networking organisation with members from large companies, business services, major cities, institutional investors and business associations in the Baltic Sea region.
Baltic Development Forum works with a wide range of partners, including businesses, governments, regional organisations, research and media institutions. Our network spans more than 2000 decision-makers from all over the region.
The mission of Baltic Development Forum is to promote the Baltic Sea region as an integrated, prosperous and internationally competitive growth region.
- Baltic International School Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania is a beautiful state in north-east Germany on the Baltic Sea where soon an International School shall be opended. A school that is based on the principles of the International Baccalaureate Organization and that offers the International Baccalaureate as well as the International Certificate of General Secondary Education. This is the goal of the consortium "Baltic International School, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern", which first started as a parents action group.
- Baltikum Tourismus Zentrale
- The Baltikum-Tourismus-Zentrale headquarters in Berlin officially markets the travel countries Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania in Germany. She pursues the internet portal of Baltic States http://www.baltikuminfo.de/. The consultation of travelers and travel agents, as well as the press work stand in the centre of the activities.
- Bauindustrie Niedersachsen - Bremen
- We are the trade and employers' association of the construction industry in Bremen and Lower-Saxony. The association developed in January 2004 from a fusion of the two autonomous associations of the construction industry in Bremen and Lower-Saxony. Target of this fusion was to extend the platform for our members and the entire construction industry in north-western Germany. We represent our members in negotiations with administration and politics on federal-level as well as on EU-level.
We advise our members on all economic, sociopolitical and labour law questions as well as in technical issues. We support our members in training and educating their employees.
We represent about 250 construction companies with 15.000 employees.
We are member of the German Construction Association which supports corporate interests of the construction industry in Germany as well as in Europe (FIEC).
- BDT - Baltic Design Transfer
- The BDT was founded to conduct the STRINGDesign project 2002-2004 on behalf of the STRING partners: Storstrøm Region, Region Skåne, Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, Land Schleswig-Holstein, Greater Copenhagen Authority (HUR), West Zealand Region, part-financed by EU Regional Development Fund, Interreg IIIB. Since 2004, BDT has extended its activities to cover the entire BSR as an independent non-profit organisation, financed by public/private-partnership.
Providing access to creative and innovative concepts, to experts for business development and recruitment, as well as the exchange of knowledge and culture, the network's mission is the stimulation of innovation processes in the Baltic Sea Region (BSR). The BDT aims to create synergies between young designers and key players in industry and science and to improve the coordination between designers and business, to strengthen the competitive edge of the BSR. For this purpose, partnerships with businesses, public authorities, media, research facilities and creative and corporate design professional are maintained.
- bremenports GmbH & Co. KG
- The Bremen / Bremerhaven seaports, with their closenetwork of transshipment, transport and logistics companies as well as a numerous special service providers, are one of the major logistics centres in northern Europe and serve as an intercontinental transport hub. The logistics competence of the Bremen / Bremerhaven ports plays a key role in Germany`s marine export trade.
bremenports, the management company and infrastructure services provider for the Bremen ports
- offers modern centralized services with a strong emphasis on the customer
- markets its own products and ecxpertise
- reaches markets beyond local borders
- is open to participations for new partners
- Bundesverband Mittelständische Wirtschaft Unternehmerverband Deutschlands e.V.
- The Federal Association of Medium-Sized Businesses (BVMW) is the largest interprofessional and -sectoral political independent association for small and mid-size companies in Germany. It represents medium-sized businesses to politics, administration, unions and global players. Recently more than 153.000 corporations can be counted directly as members.
The BVMW-Nord is one state-assiciation within the federal-association. It integrates the federal states of Hamburg, Schleswig-Holstein, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Niedersachen and Bremen. This section alone calls more than 4.000 members its own recently.
- CMT Center of Maritime Technologies e.V.
- The CMT - Center of maritime Technologies e.V. - is a non-profit association, that was founded in June 2003 on initiative of the maritime economy (Federation for Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering e.V., Research Center of German Shipbuilding e.V.), the science (Technical University of Hamburg Harburg) and the Federal Ministry for education and research.
The goal of the association is the stabilization of research, development and innovation within the maritime range by promotion of co-operation between the different maritime players, between industry and science as well as in the context of the European research area.
The CMT counts over approx. 80 members from the ranges shipyards, supporting industry, shipping, maritime services, science and teachings as well as of authorities. The CMT develops on the research center of the German Shipbuilding e.V., which were created in 1965, in order to promote and coordinate projects of the community research of German shipbuilding. With the establishment of the CMT the field of activity was expanded to other maritime ranges and European projects.
- Deutsch-Baltische Handelskammer in Estland, Lettland, Litauen
- German-Baltic Chamber of Commerce in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania
- Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH
- The Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH (dena) - the German Energy Agency - is the German competence centre for energy efficiency and renewable energies. Its manifold objectives include the rational and thus environmentally friendly production, conversion and use of energy, and the development of sustainable energy systems with a greater emphasis on renewable energy sources.
To this end dena initiates, coordinates and implements innovative projects and campaigns at a national and international level. It provides information to end consumers, works with all social groups active in politics and the economy and develops strategies for the future supply of energy. Its shareholders are the Federal Republic of Germany and the KfW Bankengruppe (KfW Banking Group).
- Deutsche Seereederei
- Deutsche Seereederei (DSR) was founded in the year 1952 and is today a modern group of service companies with a shipping heritage. Its portfolio includes the sectors of shipping, tourism, financial services, maritime systems, real estate and healthcare. The DSR group of companies consists of:
- Interhansa Reederei AG, the maritime service provider company within the DSR Group. The seafaring heritage of DSR has been successfully developed by Interhansa Reederei AG.
- Arkona AG, which operates a range of hotels, including the brand A-ROSA Wellness Resorts, and river cruise ships.
- Deutsche Immobilien AG, a sophisticated service provider to the overall real-estate supply chain.
- The subsidiary company Interschalt AG, which represents the industrial business sector of DSR.
- Premedion GmbH, the newest addition to the DSR Group. It specializes in medical wellness and preventive medicine.
- Deutscher Verband für Coaching und Training (DVCT) e.V.
- German association for coaching and training (dvct) e.V.
The association of professional german coaches and trainers. The members consist of individuals, institutes and enterprises, who would like to promote the professionalisation of the services Coaching and
A special concern of the association is therefore the quality assurance in coaching and in training. The recognized certification model of the dvct e.V. makes it possible to examine the skills of Coaches and/or trainers. A principal item of certifying is the face-to-face
demonstration of the abilities in front of independent evaluators.
The members are supported in self marketing by a publication of their coach and/or trainer-profiles. Enterprises, willing to use coaching and/or training professionally, will be assisted by the dvct e.V. as a
competent advisor. Furthermore the dvct e.V. gladly presents its unique approach to an interested public.
- Femern Bælt A/S
- Femern Bælt A/S was established in 2005 as a fully owned subsidiary of Sund & Bælt Holding A/S. On behalf of the Danish Ministry of Transport and Energy, the new subsidiary is responsible for the Danish part of the preparatory work for the construction of a fixed link across the Fehmarnbelt between Germany and Denmark.
- Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg
- The Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg is situated in the centre of the Hamburg Metropolitan Region, which has a total population of approximately 4.3 million. It is one of the most competitive and dynamic regions in Germany and Europe. Due to its excellent infrastructure, highly qualified employees, innovation-friendly enterprises and excellent research centres with an international orientation, Hamburg’s economic course for growth is set to continue into the future.
Baltic Sea policy is one of the main emphases of the Hamburg Senate. As a main hub for global trade flows, Hamburg is successfully encouraging the economic and intercultural cooperation in the Baltic Sea Region. By assuming the two-year chairmanship of the Baltic Sea States Subregional Co-operation (BSSSC), Hamburg is strengthening its integrative and networking efforts in the Baltic Sea Region.
Please refer also to http://www.hamburg-economy.de/ and http://www.hamburg.de/ostseeraum/ for more information.
- Förderer privater Hochschulen in Schwerin e.V.
- German Water e.V.
- German Water e.V. is a platform for enterprises and institutions of the industry for the support of water-economical interests as well as for the spreading of German technology and specialized knowledge in the area of the water supply and waste water disposal at home and abroad. Nationwide German Water e.V. counts at present over 60 internationally targeted members operating in the fields of water supply and waste water disposal: Universities and research establishments, consulting firms and institutes for financing as well as engineer's offices, suppliers of equipment technology, plant constructors and operators. The co-operation of economics and science as well as the know-how transfer create here the basis for international activities. For potential foreign partners offers the association information, consultation and the contact for the member enterprises. For its members German Water creates a platform for exchange of experience and for the support of its interests at home and abroad.
- Germanischer Lloyd AG
- The classification society based in Hamburg/Germany sets standards in technology, safety and quality for the maritime and industrial sectors. As a technical supervisory organization with a global network it employs 3,200 personnel at 176 locations in 76 countries.
Germanischer Lloyd is responsible for the technical safety of more than 6,200 ships with over 68 Mio GT. The classification society is authorized by more than 124 flag states to perform statutory duties. The current newbuilding orderbook contains more than 1,300 vessels with over 23 Mio GT.
Germanischer Lloyd is market leader in the container ship segment and also strongly positioned with tankers, bulkers, LNGs and other special ship types. With a clear orientation towards technology and innovation, Germanischer Lloyd’s key issues are sustainability, environmental protection and reliability.
Apart from maritime services, Germanischer Lloyd offers comprehensive services in the following main business segments: Oil & Gas, Wind Energy, Systems Certification and Materials & Failure Analysis.
- HERDER - GESELLSCHAFT Mecklenburg - Vorpommern e.V.
- The non-profit HERDER ASSOCIATION Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania was found by politically active citizens of the region in 1996 in the Hanseatic City of Rostock. According to the philosophy of the great German philosopher and humanist Johann Gottfried Herder (1744-1803) the association focusses on cultivating the culture and the languages of the Baltic people and applying the ideas of the Hanseatic League to the present.
One of the main activities of the HERDER ASSOCIATON is the organization and implementation of a Baltic Sea Conference (OSTSEEFORUM) in Rostock taking place every year in the eve of the Hanse Sail, the most important maritime event of the federal state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania.
The yearly Baltic Sea Conference (OSTSEEFORUM) has become the essential part of the work of the HERDER ASSOCIATION. At this conference the association brings together renowned representatives from politics, economy, science and education in order to offer them a platform for discussing current socio-political subjects. In addition, the association aims at interesting people in Germany and abroad in the federal state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania and the Hanseatic City of Rostock.
- HSH Nordbank AG
- As a leading bank in the Hamburg / Schleswig-Holstein region, HSH Nordbank is a reliable partner for business and industry. Our goal is the continuous strengthening of our market position. Professional bundling, supplementary product portfolio, industry expertise, and a strong international presence form a solid foundation for our activities.
HSH Nordbank places a business emphasis in areas where it has years of know-how and experience. In addition to shipping, real estate, credit investments, and funding - corporate clients and structured financing are also core business areas and retain high priority in terms of resource structuring.
Our background and strong balance sheet make HSH Nordbank a leading bank in the Hamburg / Schleswig-Holstein corridor - and we are conscious of our unique responsibility in the region.
- Institut für den Donauraum und Mitteleuropa
- IDM can boast a history over 40 years of research work on the Danube region and Central Europe. The Institute was founded in 1953 as the Research Institute for Questions Concerning the Danube Region an was the only scientific institution in Austria involved in research on the region.
In 1993, the Institute (now, Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe) had widened its cope to include all countries of East Central Europe. The institute moved to a new location in Vienna's 9th district and it is situated next to the famous Sigmund Freud Museum. In addition to its traditional activities as a research institute, IDM is placing increasing emphasis on educational programs. Furthermore, IDM supervises and conducts research projects.
- Institute for European Affairs
- Founded in 1995, the Institute for European Affairs - INEA - is an idealistic institution acting in different (mostly non-public) ways to achieve, on the one hand, a greater rapprochement between the European countries and closer relations between leading personalities, and, on the other hand, strives to help avoid or defuse developing or already existing problems or tensions between European partners. Besides this, the Institute endeavours to promote and forge links between business enterprises from any European country and foreign governments and business enterprises - all this within Europe. The Institute's overall activity is thus exclusively oriented at non-material rather than material profit.
- ISL Institut für Seeverkehrswirtschaft und Logistik
- The Institute Shipping Economics and Logistics (ISL) is one of the leading research and consulting institutes in Europe. In the four departments Logistics Systems, Maritime Economics and Transport, Information Logistics and Planning and Simulation Systems, the staff members work together in interdisciplinary project teams, well equipped with modern instrumentation in practice oriented research and development projects. ISL has one of the worldwide largest libraries, which serves as a leading centre for maritime information and documentation, provides client related information services and publishes statistical market analyses since more than 40 years.
In the following areas analyses and consultancy services are offered for companies of the complete logistic sector and especially the maritime economy as well as for federal ministries, local authorities and the European Commission.
- Kindergesundheit - grenzenlos - Fonds e.V.
- Kindergesundheit-grenzenlos-Fonds e.V. was founded in March 2005 in Cologne, North-Rhine/Westphalia, Germany, as a non-profitable, international non-governmental organisation. The association is an independent, voluntary organisation, which unites their members due to the common interest and is open to all humans, independently of nationality, age, sex, religion or social status.
Purpose of the KGGF e.V. is the promotion of charitable purposes by support of needy children and promotion of the health and education. The association has the purpose to make people aware of charity and responsibility opposite distressed and needy children and young person in Germany and in the Baltic Sea area as well as to contribute to the mitigation of the misery. The association pursues exclusively and directly non-profit purposes.
- Landtag Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Der Landtag ist die gewählte Vertretung des Volkes und Stätte der politischen Willensbildung. Im Rahmen seiner Zuständigkeiten gemäß Artikel 11 der Verfassung des Landes wirkt das Land Mecklenburg-Vorpommern an dem Ziel mit, die europäische Integration zu verwirklichen und die grenzüberschreitende Zusammenarbeit, insbesondere im Ostseeraum zu fördern. Der Landtag setzt daher einen Schwerpunkt seiner internationalen Aktivitäten im Ostseeraum. Neben der Mitgliedschaft im Baltic Sea Forum engagiert sich der Landtag unter anderem bei der Ostseeparlamentarierkonferenz und dem Parlamentsforum Südliche Ostsee.
- LINEARIS Beratungs-GmbH
- LINEARIS is a service provider specialising in the transportation business, with offices in Essen and Berlin. We consult German and international companies on all aspects of strategic and organisational consulting and human resources management for mobility, logistics and infrastructure. Our commitment and passion aims at a better mutual understanding of the concerns of public and private sector. We look at the whole issue, we have many years of specific knowledge of this business sector, and our consultants have a wide variety of professional experience – all of which forms the basis for understanding our customers in their complex market environment, so we can provide expert advice and reach your targets with you. Thanks to our strong network and many years of experience in this business sector we promote excellence in consulting companies and candidates.
- LIS Leitstellen-Informations-Systeme GmbH
- The LIS GmbH, a manufacturer of control station/information systems, is one of the leading suppliers for fire brigades, rescue services and the police. LIS has specialized in two types of product:
The LIS -Software, especially designed for fire brigades, rescue services, police and security organsiation, has been on the market for over 10 years. It is a versatile system program offering for all requirements standard as well as individual solutions thanks to its modular design.
The STAND BY System is designed to keep vehicles ready for operation at all times. The distribution of this system is being expanded in Eastern and Western Europe as well as outside of Europe.
The STAND BY SYSTEM features electronic battery chargers as well as systems for maintaining brake pessure; all components have special features and functions (such as automatic disconnection) to meet the stringent demands of the market.
A versatile programme of accessories complements the product range.
Since LIS GmbH specialises in products for authorities and organisations responsible for safety, it can offer clients not just solutions for individual problems, but complete system solutions with the individual compo-
nents being made to match.
- MOM United Consultants AG
- MOM United is a consultancy which evolved out of the association of experienced managers and consultants in 2002. This combined the long years of experience in leadership and project management together with high competency in the implementation of strategies and company concepts under the roof of MOM United.
As a company we are active nationally and internationally with a head quarter in Hamburg, from where we attend to our German-speaking and northern European customers and projects. We concentrate on two business areas:
- Business Consulting
- Business Development.
The focus of our business consulting services is integration management, which covers all subjects to improve the organisation and co-operation, and therefore the efficiency of organisations: optimisation of business processes, information flow, leadership structure, etc.
The business development service develops and accompanies new business ideas and projects, with the entire range from solution concepts to successful introduction, as well as especially internationally conceived business projects and extensions.
- Open Europe Consulting (o/ec)
- o/ec is a consulting firm, which accompanies small and middle-sized enterprises (SME) with internationalization projects in Central-East and South-East Europe. A regional emphasis of the work is the Baltic Sea region, in which the enterprise has also its roots. The seat of the European Economic Interest Association is since 2004 in Vilnius.
The working focus is:
- consultation of international selling co-operation
- consultation of direct investments
- organizational development and change management
- process-supporting personnel consultation, in particular recruiting, international team trainings and coaching
- consultation for the co-financing of projects by the European Union programs and by the development banks.
The core countries with native speaking advisors are Baltic States, Poland, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, Russia. In close co-operation the enterprise is represented also in Beijing (China).
- Ost- und Mitteleuropa Verein e.V.
- Pathway Guidance Europe
- We are consultants with an industry and academic background from global organisations. Pathway Guidance was founded in the year 2000 to support leaders and their co-workers in businesses as well as in other organisations, whose aim is to achieve visible success and inspiration in their key
The following assumptions are the foundation of our work:
- Sustainable success comes from an organisation's ability to activate its own creative power, to continuously change and improve in alignment with its environment.
- Continuously successful organisations are inspired and agile organisations. The source of their vividness and agility are motivated and passionate people whose development and growth must be a top priority.
- Paulig Group
- Paulig is Finland's leading enterprise concentrating on coffee, seasonings and ethnic foods. It is renowned for the superb quality of its branded products. Paulig also operates in the Baltic states, Russia and its neighbouring regions, and in the other Nordic countries.
- POLZUG Intermodal GmbH
- POLZUG was the first privately run block-train service in Germany with its own rolling stock. We connect by rail the northern German seaports of Hamburg and Bremerhaven with the seven most important economic centres in Poland and further on with many other regions.
Poland is a transit land for the combined transport to further easterly located regions. Caring for environment and considering the economical aspects, we offer the reliable, save and sustainable combined transport solution.
We are sure that our effective service meets the demands of the transport sector. Furthermore, our customers profit from our many years of experience and from our local contacts in the numerous countries.
- Reinecke & Associates
- REINECKE & ASSOCIATES since its incorporation in Hamburg and New York in 1983, is a Consulting Firm offering superior services in both local and international markets. Through our network of Partners in New York, Singapore, Chicago, Paris, Milan, Porto and Basle we are able to provide our services to you worldwide. We are specialized in the areas of Transportation, Traffic, Logistics and related industries and advise these Companies in personnel matters as well as to mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures at both domestic and international levels.
- Rödl & Partner Baltikum
- Rödl & Partner ist eine der führenden Wirtschaftsprüfungs-, Steuerberatungs- und Rechtsanwaltskanzleien deutschen Ursprungs. Im Baltikum ist Rödl & Partner seit 1993 mit eigenen Niederlassungen in Riga, Tallinn und Vilnius mit über 100 Mitarbeitern präsent. Darüber hinaus ist die Kanzlei an allen wichtigen Standorten rund um die Ostsee vertreten. Durch die enge Verzahnung der Büros gehören wir zu den führenden Dienstleistern bei internationalen Investitionen im Ostseeraum.
Im Zuge der Integration der baltischen Staaten in die Weltwirtschaft und durch den hohen Zufluss von ausländischen Direktinvestitionen haben sich die Länder rund um die Ostsee Schritt für Schritt zu einem eng verbundenen Markt mit etwa acht Millionen Einwohnern entwickelt. Die Bedeutung der Region hat in den letzten Jahren sowohl in politischer als auch in wirtschaftlicher Hinsicht stark zugenommen. Aufgrund der regionalen Unterschiede der baltischen Staaten legen wir großen Wert auf die zielgerichtete, länderspezifische Beratung.
- Salo Baltic International
- Schleswig - Holsteinischer Landtag
- As the supreme body of political decision-making elected by the people, the Schleswig-Holstein Landtag, in accordance with the Land Constitution, endeavors to deepen the cooperation of the northern German states and the cross-border partnership of the regions on the North Sea and Baltic Sea and in the united Europe. The state parliament therefore focuses on its international activities in the Baltic Sea region. In addition to membership in the Baltic Sea Forum, the state parliament is involved in, among others, the Baltic Sea Parliamentary Conference, the Parliamentary Forum Southern Baltic Sea, maintains a bilateral parliamentary partnership with Kaliningrad and has observer status with the Nordic Council.
- Schweizerisch-Baltisches Hilfskomitee
- Seaports Niedersachsen GmbH
- Under the generic name "Ports of Niedersachsen", the seaports of Brake, Cuxhaven, Emden, Leer, Nordenham, Oldenburg, Papenburg and Wilhelmshaven have since 1991 been collectively represented by the Niedersachsen Ports Association (NHV). In this time the NHV has become a trademark in domestic and international port affairs. Alongside marketing and promotional activities, the NHV gives presentation of its member ports at international fairs and exhibitions.
- Senior Experten Service
- Our world is full of differences which means that we develop differently. It is a privilege to be able to gain knowledge. We have the opportunity to pass this knowledge on to others. But this requires time. There are many people in Germany who have retired but would still like to make a contribution. Perhaps you would like to become involved as well? The SES offers those interested the chance to pass on their knowledge and talents to others at home and abroad. They work as Senior Experts in an honorary capacity and assist in training skilled workers and senior staff. They provide help for self-help - and consequently make an important contribution towards safeguarding the future. A system which is of benefit to all concerned.
Senior Experts usually work with small and medium-sized companies, but have also helped organizations and institutions such as the European Union, the German Agency for Technical Cooperation (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit - GTZ) and the German Development Service (Deutscher Entwicklungsdienst - DED).
- Swiss Baltic Chamber of Commerce
- The Swiss and Baltic Chamber of Commerce in Lithuania is a non-profit organization established in 2004. The main function and task of the Association is to act as mediator between Switzerland and the Baltic States in business and trade areas.
We support and encourage business people in developing their business and trade activities. We provide consulting services, business contacts, information of economic kind, market researches about Swiss and Baltic market as well. The SBCC regularly participates with the Swiss joint stand at international trade fairs in the Baltic countries and tends to give Swiss enterprises a more transparent overview about local market and existing market niches.
- TT-Line GmbH & Co. KG
- The privately-owned shipping group TT-Line has been operating direct ferry crossings between Germany and southern Sweden since 1962. As the market leader in passenger and freight traffic, the Lübeck-based shipping company pursues a foresighted fleet policy based on quality and innovative technology for the benefit of customers and the environment. All in all, it operates six ships of its own from Travemünde and Rostock in Germany to Trelleborg and Helsingborg in Sweden. On the long-established Travemünde-Trelleborg route, the ships in operation are the modern ferries NILS HOLGERSSON and PETER PAN and the combi carriers ROBIN HOOD und NILS DACKE. The route between Rostock and Trelleborg, which TT-Line has been operating since 1992, is served by the comfortable Ro-Ro ferries TOM SAWYER and HUCKLEBERRY FINN. A ferry service between Travemünde and Helsingborg geared especially towards freight has been in operation since 2003 with the 'eco ships' ROBIN HOOD and NILS DACKE. On-board programmes for adults and children are offered all the year round under the slogan 'Adventure Ship'.
- TÜV Rheinland Group
- The TÜV Rheinland Group is a leading international technical service provider. Our mission is the long-term development of safety and quality in the interaction between man, technology and the environment. As a neutral and independent group of companies working in a competitive landscape in ever changing markets, the TÜV Rheinland Group acts in a customer and success-oriented manner.
With more than 8,200 employees generate a yearly worldwide turnover of 700 million Euro, working in over 100 concern subsidiaries we are present in 50 different countries.
Our work is animated by the conviction that social and industrial development cannot be achieved without technical progress. Proceeding from 130 years of experience, our market activities are concentrated especially in the five fields of Industrial Services, Mobility and Transport, Product Safety and Quality, Education and Consulting, and IT Sevices and Innovation.
At TÜV Rheinland Group, the three proud initials of TÜV have always stood for independence, neutrality and professional expertise. They are now equally a synonym for innovation. Given the rapid technological developments, in the future even more than until now, our name will stand for a brand you can trust.
- Verband Deutscher Reeder
- The German Shipowners' Association (VDR) represents the common economic and socio-political interests of German ship owners at national, European and international level. VDR is member of international shipowners' associations.
VDR represents the common interests of merchant shipping towards political and administrative decision makers and the public.
- Wiener Institut für Internationale Wirtschaftsvergleiche (wiiw)
- Established in 1973 as an independent research institute, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies (wiiw) is a non-profit organization. The primary emphasis of wiiw research activities is on:
- Analysing and forecasting economic developments in the countries of Central, East and Southeast Europe as well as economic developments in China
- Analysing structural developments in those countries, such as sectoral patterns of growth, labour market trends and industrial competitiveness, supplemented by industrial branch studies; reviews of foreign direct investment and assessments of foreign trade specialization
- Conducting studies on the integration of the new EU Members, focusing on such challenges as catching up, sustained growth and macroeconomic stability, integration into the major macroeconomic policy frameworks of the EU, the Growth and Stability Pact, EMU membership, and into the structural and microeconomic policy frameworks, such as EU competition policy, regional policy, CAP and the EU's research and human capital agenda
- Undertaking research into the reconstruction and stabilization in Southeast Europe, providing policy advice, supplying technical assistance and coordinating research networks, particularly within the framework of the Global Development Network Southeast Europe
- Performing comparative analyses of global developments such as growth and patterns of structural change in Asia and the countries of Central, East and Southeast Europe, the role of foreign investment, patterns of trade specialization and production networking, exchange rate arrangements and coordination of macroeconomic policy
- WINTERSHALL Holding GmbH
- Wintershall ist der größte international tätige deutsche Erdöl- und Erdgasproduzent. Mit rund 2.000 Mitarbeitern aus über 40 Nationen suchen und fördern wir Erdöl und Erdgas: in Europa, Nordafrika, Südamerika, Russland sowie der Region Middle East. Und das seit über 85 Jahren. Als 100-prozentige Tochter des Chemiekonzerns BASF, Ludwigshafen, gründen wir unseren Erfolg auf unser technisches Know-how und starke internationale Partnerschaften.
- Zentralverband der deutschen Seehafenbetriebe e.V. (ZDS)
A large number of important figures of the political, economic and cultural life of the Baltic Sea region are individual members of the BALTIC SEA FORUM.
At the moment, the society is opening up for statutory corporations and institutions. We expect that the first cities, town councils and German Länder will join us shortly.